- 1.Go to the "Markets" page and navigate to the "Borrow Market" section.
- 2.Select the asset class you wish to borrow by clicking on it
- 3.In the opening dialogue, enter the desired amount to borrow and click "Borrow"
- 4.Once the transaction is confirmed, the borrow is successful and it starts accruing payable interest
Borrowing assets on 0VIX
Everyone in DeFi is anonymous, therefore loans need to be over-collateralized. Without this limitation, the user may never pay back the loan and the protocol loses money. Therefore, we need a Borrow Limit. It is the amount of assets a user is able to borrow. It is based on the value of their supplied assets and their combined max Loan-to-Value ratios. Once the Borrow Limit is reached, the user cannot borrow more.
- If the collateral value rises, the user can borrow more.
- If the collateral value falls or the interest accrued on their borrowed balance outgrows the liquidation threshold, then the collateral is at risk.
Borrow Limit Used is the amount of liquidity that an account has used, stated as a percentage and based on the value of the assets they currently have provided and their combined Loan-to-Value rates.
The Collateral Factor varies for each asset class. It is the maximum amount that can be borrowed from the protocol using this specific asset as collateral.
There is no fixed time period to repay loans. As long as the user's position is safe (Health > 1), borrowing can be done for an undefined period. However, as time passes, the accrued interest will grow, making the user's Health decrease, which might result in supplied assets becoming more likely to be liquidated.